The four shapes of yo-yos:
A wall rack showing off some of Jeff's 200-300 yo-yos he currently owns:
Jeff Atwood is the co-founder of Stack Overflow and the Stack Exchange network of Q&A sites and in 2012 started his company Discourse to build software and services around better forums.
In September of 2017, his son got a yo-yo and Jeff was instantly hooked, playing with yo-yos for the first time since he was a kid in the 1980s, and it quickly became an obsession and a collection with hundreds of yo-yos. Recently he's been sending out gift packs to everyone he knows online and we talk about how he came to yo-yos, what's great about them, and why he's spreading the gospel of yo-yos to anyone who wants to listen and try.
- Discourse - Civilized Discussion
- Coding Horror
- Jeff Atwood - Wikipedia
- Jeff Atwood (@codinghorror) | Twitter
- Pedro Flores (inventor) - Wikipedia — Pedro Flores was a Filipino businessman and yo-yo maker who has been credited with popularizing Yo-yos in the United States.
- Duncan Toys | The Original.
- Smothers Brothers Yo-Yo Man (1988) - YouTube
- Easiest Yoyo Bind Ever - Learn How to Bind a Yoyo - YouTube
- Beginner Yoyo Tricks - How to Yoyo for beginners | YoYoTricks.com
- Around the Corner Beginner Yoyo trick video | YoYoTricks.com
- How to do the Gyroscopic Flop Yoyo Trick | YoYoTricks.com
- Podcast Hosting and Analytics - Fireside