Erin McKean has sewn hundreds of dresses
November 10th, 2018
50 mins 53 secs
About this Episode
Erin McKean is a lexicographer, writer, speaker, and maker that started Dress A Day about 13 years ago to chronicle her sewing projects. If you've ever seen Erin at a conference, chances are you've seen her in a really cool print fabric dress she made herself. We talk about her career, how she sews her dresses, as well as tips on how anyone can learn to sew their own clothes too.
One of Erin's dresses, complete with bright red piping:
- Erin McKean - Wikipedia
- Erin McKean (@emckean) | Twitter
- Urban Dictionary
- Adopt a Word at Wordnik!
- A Dress A Day – A dress, nearly every day.
- Pockets: Articles of Interest #3 - 99% Invisible
- The perfect airplane dress – A Dress A Day
- Calling all creative people! | Craftsy — how-to sewing videos
- Patternsy — PDF-to-pattern prints
- Sewing Pattern Review Online Sewing Community — "There's a forum for everything"